Monday 5 November 2012

End of course project IV


After drying I ironed the canvas. The next step was the block printing. Again to have this porcelain effect I decided to not use many different colours, not even shades. However I deliberately chose to not be too careful with the colour distribution to have a bit of fading. The motifs I have chosen are meant to pick up the inner 'flower' as well as the idea of many dancing umbrellas. In order to make the repetitive motif more organic I added the small swirly branch which should be found as well in the lace border. Altogether I was quite satisfied with the canvas so far. After 24 hours of drying I had to iron the canvas again to stabilise the fabric paint.
The planning of the next step of getting it on the frame was a bit uncertain because even though I planned to use double sided sticky tape on each umbrella branch, it was difficult to determine if the wool would stick, if the tape would show, especially at the lace part and if the tape was strong enough to hold the fabric together.

No comments:

Post a Comment