Friday 28 May 2010

Project 2 - Stage 1


Stitches! The theme of the project will be to translate our marks into stitches. We got the task to raid our material first and sort it into colour themed bags - red, blue and greens, white, earth colours, yellows and orange, white, black. I have loads of material and everything is in a special order so I skipped this task for now. I just can't afford the time to rearrange my work place and can't afford to occupy even more space in the study without risking a major row with my dear ones. Anyway, I started with stitches with the sewing machine. To be honest, even that was a decision I made with my tight time schedule in mind. But I got carried away and made some nice little embroideries or drawings on fabric or doodles. I used a few decorative stitches from my machine but love the normal stitch the most.

The yellow shape is said normal stitch. I need to find out hoe it will be to do loads of rows beside each other, maybe altering the colour or change direction ever so slightly. Exciting!
The red shape is free machine embroidery with the special foot and no transport. You can see how the fabric is puckering which is nicest effect. I didn't use a loop but my hands so the fabric was not that tight. I really like the pulling of fabric and the texture I achieved (unexpectedly!).

No comments:

Post a Comment